The Wakulla County Detention Facility encourages visitation for inmates. We firmly believe that ties to family and friends are extremely important. However, there are rules that we need to make you aware of so your visiting privileges are not denied, terminated, or suspended.
- Visitation periods shall be permitted so that each inmate in the general population has the opportunity for a maximum of two (2) hours of visitation per week. The time will start on Monday and end on Sunday. Video Visitation is held from 8:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily. Visitors are recommended to come no later than 4 p.m. in order to have time to visit with an inmate.
- Adult visitors must possess, and present upon request, a picture identification. Visitation will be denied persons who do not present identification.
- Visitors 18 years old and older will be allowed to visit. Juveniles will be allowed to visit with a parent or legal guardian with proper identification.
- All visitors are required to fill out all requested information on the visitor sign in log. Failure to complete all information may result in that visitor being denied further visits.
- Dress: All visitors will be in proper attire when visiting inmates. Female visitors are required to wear dresses of proper length, walking shorts or long pants with a blouse, or skirt, of proper length, and blouse (including proper undergarments). Male visitors are required to wear walking shorts or long pants and a shirt. Shoes are required for all visitors. If attire is not proper, visitation will be denied.
- Attorneys, ministers, or bondsmen may visit their client at any reasonable time. However, no visitation is permitted during count and meal times (5am – 7am, 11am – 1pm, and 5:00pm – 7:00pm).
- Visitation not during normal visiting times, may be granted for special reasons. Special visitation may be granted by the Sheriff or Jail Administrator.
- NO CONTACT VISITS ARE PERMITTED IN THIS FACILITY.
- Any family emergency should be brought to the attention of the Sheriff or Jail Administrator.
- Any visitor who is intoxicated, or causes any disturbance, may be ordered to leave the facility or be charged with the violation, if necessary.
Searches: Visitors will be subject to search by request of the duty correctional staff. Females will be searched by female correctional staff, and/or by electronic metal detector. Males will be searched by male correctional staff, and/or electronic metal detector. Refusal will result in denial of visitation privileges.