The Wakulla County Sheriff's Office is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, religion, or any other legally protected status.
|Minimum Requirements for Employment
(Please attach the following forms to completed application):
- Be at least 19 years of age.
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be a high school graduate or equivalent.
- Not been convicted of any felony, or of a misdemeanor involving perjury or false statement Any person who, after July 1, 1981, pleads guilty o a felony, or of a misdemeanor involving perjury or a false statement, shall not be eligible for employment or appointment as an officer, not-withstanding suspension of sentence or withholding of adjudication.
- Never have received a dishonorable discharge from any of the Armed Forces of the United States.
- Have been fingerprinted by WCSO with prints processed by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- Have passed a physical examination by a licensed physician.
- Have good moral character.
- Complete an Affidavit of Applicant form CJSTC-68.
- Successfully pass a background investigation, to include drug testing.
- Successfully completed the Florida Basic Recruit Training Program for the respective discipline.
- Achieve a passing score on the State Officer Certification Examination.
- Birth Certificate
- High School Diploma /GED)
- College Transcripts (if applicable)
- Military DD214
- Copies of Basic Recruit Training Certificate and State Exam Score (Sworn officers only)
- FDLE Certification (if applicable)
- Florida Driver License
- Social Security Card
- Name change documentation if different from birth (ie: marriage certificate, divorce judgment, etc.)
- Authority For Release (must be signed and notarized.)