Dear Prospective Applicant:
The Wakulla County Sheriff’s Office is currently seeking qualified men and women to apply for employment with our Law Enforcement and Correction Divisions.
Our agency strives to maintain a staff of men and women who take pride in their performance as well as the agency. The Wakulla County Sheriff’s Office was established in 1845; it is with great pleasure to announce that our agency has been awarded accreditation by both the Florida Law Enforcement and Corrections Accreditation Commissions.
Starting salary for certified officers are:
Persons with a Associate Degree will receive an additional $30.00 per month incentive pay while a Bachelor Degree will receive an additional $80.00 per month.
WCSO Employment Application
The Wakulla County Sheriff's Office is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, religion, or any other legally protected status.
Wakulla County Sheriff’s Office
Human Resource Division
15 Oak Street
Crawfordville, FL 32327
Minimum Requirements for Employment
- Be at least 19 years of age.
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be a high school graduate or equivalent.
- Not been convicted of any felony, or of a misdemeanor involving perjury or false statement
- Any person who, after July 1, 1981, pleads guilty of a felony, or of a misdemeanor involving perjury or a false statement, shall not be eligible for employment or appointment as an officer, not-withstanding suspension of sentence or withholding of adjudication.
- Never have received a dishonorable discharge from any of the Armed Forces of the United States.
- Have been fingerprinted by WCSO with prints processed by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- Have passed a physical examination by a licensed physician.
- Have good moral character.
- Complete an Affidavit of Applicant form CJSTC-68.
- Successfully pass a background investigation, to include drug testing.
- Successfully completed the Florida Basic Recruit Training Program for the respective discipline.
- Achieve a passing score on the State Officer Certification Examination.
Benefits for Full-Time Employees
- Paid Vacations
- Eleven Paid Holidays
- Sick Leave
- Workers Compensation
- Deferred Compensation Plan
- 17 days of military leave per year
- All uniforms and equipment
- Florida Retirement System
- Educational Salary Incentive
- Other Miscellaneous Benefits
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Dental Insurance
Please attach the following forms to completed application:
- Birth Certificate
- High School Diploma /GED)
- College Transcripts (if applicable)
- Military DD214
- Copies of Basic Recruit Training
Certificate and State Exam Score
(Sworn officers only)
- FDLE Certification (if applicable)
- Florida Driver License
- Social Security Card
- Name change documentation if
different from birth (ie: marriage
certificate, divorce judgment, etc.)
- Authority For Release (must be signed and notarized.)